Laurel, MD

Snowden Hall, an imposing Greek Revival manor house from the 1840s, was part of the original farm from which the U. S. Fish & Wildlife Patuxent Research Refuge (PRR) was formed. In 1937, designs were made to add wings to each side in order to convert it for living quarters for PRR staff. The result was a complete rework of the interior in the Colonial Revival style.

Frazier Associates was retained as the historic architect for the project by Burgess & Niple, project architects and engineers. Our office completed measured drawings of the building as well as a detailed analysis of the construction evolution of the house along with recommended treatment zones for each space. These studies guided the project architect as they converted the house to U. S. Fish & Wildlife Service offices.

Get In Touch

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.