The Physician’s Residence is listed as a contributing structure to the D. C. Workhouse and Reformatory Historic District. It is currently owned by Fairfax County and managed by its Department of Planning and Zoning. The house was built in 1920 using prison labor and prison-made brick. Like the Reformatory and Workhouse buildings, it was designed by the office of the Municipal Architect for the District of Columbia.
Frazier Associates was retained to provide a historic structures report to document the history and condition of the building and site, and to provide options for its reuse as office space. Program requirements included the provision of a parking area and handicap accessibility with sensitivity to the site and structure. Photosimulations of the rehabilitated building and measured drawings that record existing conditions of the structure ensured a graphically rich report.