Hot Springs, Va

The Yard, built in 1925, is a Tudor Revival country house in Bath County overlooking The Homestead resort and the town of Hot Springs. Constructed of stone and half-timbered stucco, the home is capped by a slate-clad gable roof and punctuated by leaded glass casement windows and doors. The architects were Stanley Matthews and C.W. Short, Jr. of Cincinnati who chose a plan that features an inner courtyard.

The house was designed for Fay Ingalls, Jr. and his wife, the family who developed The Homestead resort through the Virginia Hot Springs Company. Fifteen bedrooms provided ample space for overnight guests, and hitching posts in the inner courtyard allowed foxhunters to come inside after the hunt. Frazier Associates prepared a National Register nomination for this significant property after it changed ownership.

Get In Touch

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.